Traffic and Public Transportation - Rimouskibus
The Citébus and Taxibus mixed service provides public transportation to as many people as possible within the territory of the city of Rimouski. The level of service offered for each area of the city is based on its population density and the distance that must be covered to stay on schedule. These factors determine the frequency, extent and nature of the transportation service.
CITÉBUS uses urban minibuses to serve the centre of Rimouski and the Nazareth and Sacré-Cœur districts.
TAXIBUS provides transportation on the outskirts of the city through a shared taxi service that can accept several independent passengers on any given trip. After making a reservation (by calling the Société de transport), passengers can board at either of the two transfer points — the Museum (Musée régional) or the Station (Gare) — or at any of the Taxibus stops in the districts of Le Bic, Rimouski-Est, Pointe-au-Père and Sainte-Blandine/Mont-Lebel. Passengers can transfer between TAXIBUS and CITÉBUS either at the Museum or at the Station. The cost of transfer tickets is included in the fare.
As an “on demand” service, Taxibus requires reservations. Reservations for one or more trips can be made in just one call to 418 723-5555. Reservations must be made at least one (1) hour in advance. Note that reservations for late-night pick-ups must be made by calling the Société before 9:00 pm.
You can check timetables, routes, maps, fares and where to buy tickets on the French version of the site.
- For the schedules of Citébus routes, click on “horaire des circuits”.
- For the Taxibus schedule, click on “horaire”.
- For fares, click on “tarifs et modes de paiement”.
- For where to buy tickets, click on “points de vente des billets et des laissez-passer mensuels”.
- For maps of the Citébus routes, click the thumbnails of the “circuit” maps.
- For maps of the Taxibus service area, click on: